Knowing questions to ask and topics to discuss with a health care provider can help an expecting mom get more out of her prenatal visits.
This is a general list of topics that are important to discuss with your provider.
- Nutrition and vitamins
- Exercise and weight gain
- Alcohol, drugs/medications, and tobacco use
- Warning Signs (vomiting, bleedig, etc.)
- Treatment of medical problems
- Working and breastfeeding
- Physician on-call policies
- Labor and delivery options
- Common pregnancy problems (pre-term labor, toxemia)
Resource: Compiled Dr. Stephen Lamb, East Millcreek Women’s Center, Salt Lake City, UT.