The following agencies have a variety of services available throughout Utah to assist a woman through pregnancy, at childbirth and while the child is dependent on parental care.
- Baby Your Baby Hotline 800-826-9662
- Immunization Hotline 800-275-0659
- Poison Control Center 800-222-1222
Health Care and Insurance
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) A state health insurance plan for uninsured Utah kids and teens. 877-KIDS-NOW
- Medicaid A state/federal program that pays for medical services for low income individuals. 1-866-435-7414
- Take Care Utah Helps Utahns access health insurance coverage and navigate the health care system. 801-872-6059
- Association for Utah Community Health Clinics through the state that provide comprehensive, high quality primary and preventive health care.
Child Care and Parenting Resources
- Care About Childcare A resource providing profiles of childcare providers to Utah residents.
- Family Support Center Provides free help for overwhelmed parents, a safe-haven for at-risk children, housing and education aid, and counseling services, with locations throughout the state.
- Department of Workforce Services Offers a variety of child care assistance programs that can help eligible individuals or families that work to cover the cost of child care.
- Division of Child and Family Health Services Contact if domestic violence or abuse in any form becomes prevalent in a relationship between partners, family members, or any adult/child relationship. 800-961-4226
- Children’s Justice Center Provide comfortable, neutral, child-friendly atmosphere for children to receive coordinated services during the child abuse investigative process.
- Utah Domestic Violence Coalition 24-Hour LINKline for free confidential help and support for victims and survivors of domestic and intimate partner violence. 800-897-LINK (5465)
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) HUD helps apartment owners offer reduced rents to low-income tenants.
- Utah Community Action Case management that helps clients to obtain and maintain safe, stable and affordable housing.